Revisionist History host and bestselling author Malcolm Gladwell will release a new book, THE BOMBER MAFIA: A Dream, A Temptation, and The Longest Night of the Second World War on April 27, 2021. The audiobook will be published by Pushkin Industries and Gladwell’s longtime publisher, Little, Brown and Company, will simultaneously publish the hardcover and ebook editions.
THE BOMBER MAFIA delves deep into questions of how technology and best intentions collide in the heat of war. Gladwell weaves together various storylines to illustrate how differing ideologies about air bombing culminated in the single deadliest night of World War II. Gladwell first explored these themes in the most recent season of Revisionist History, and the audiobook will use original interviews, archival footage, and scoring to give the book the sensibility and production quality of the hugely successful podcast, which is the recipient of the 2021 iHeart Radio Podcast Award for Best History Podcast. The hardcover and ebook editions will include photographs of the people, technology, and scenes described in the narrative.
- Malcolm Gladwell Announces New Book The Bomber Mafia, Out April 27
- Hasta la Vista, America: An Original Audiobook by Kurt Andersen and Alec Baldwin
- iHeartMedia and Pushkin Industries Announce Partnership
- Pushkin Industries and Audible Release ‘FAUCI’
- Malcolm Gladwell Visits Trevor Noah on ‘The Daily Show’