Malcolm Gladwell is president and co-founder of Pushkin Industries. He is a journalist, a speaker, and the author of six New York Times bestsellers including The Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers,…
Subscribe to Pushkin+ to binge Malcolm Gladwell's full 6-episode gun series early and ad-free! Your membership also gets you access to exclusive opportunities across Pushkin's full network of podcasts.
The arguments, accidents, cold-blooded logic and sheer serendipity that led to the longest night of the Second World War. Part three.
SOURCES AND LINKS
- Army Air Force filmTokyo, narrated by Ronald Reagan
- American Airpower Strategy in World War II, by Conrad Crane
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- The Oral History Program Collection at the University of North Texas Special Collections
- The Air Force Historical Research Agency
- The Air Force Academy Oral History Project at the Oral History Archives at Columbia University
- McDermott Library at the The US Air Force Academy
- BBC Motion Gallery / Getty Images