Justin Richmond is producer and co-host of the music podcast Broken Record with writer Malcolm Gladwell, New York Times editor Bruce Headlam, and music producer—and Def Jam co-founder—Rick Rubin. Justin…
Gain access to ad-free versions of 20+ podcasts from the Pushkin library along with exclusive bonus episodes and other member benefits.
Ready-to-wear designer Busayo Olupona talks about what it was like to leave her six-figure salaried job as a corporate attorney to pursue her dream of starting a fashion brand. From going broke to seeing her Made In Nigeria labeled clothing in Neiman Marcus, Busayo learned a lot along the way.
If you’re into entrepreneurship and/or fashion, here are some books Busayo recommends:
- The Fashion Designer Survival Guide by Mary Geller
- The Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer
- Living an Examined Life: Wisdom for the Second Half of the Journey by James Hollis
- Notes of a Native Son by James Baldwin
- Native Son by Richard Wright